Welcome to Starkville, Miss., where Auburn (3-2, 1-1 SEC) will take on Mississippi State (2-2, 1-1) during Davis Wade Stadium in a initial highway diversion of a season.
Kickoff is set for 11 a.m. CT, and a diversion will atmosphere on ESPN. AL.com will yield live updates via a day, so modernise a page for all a latest news and information.
– Scoring play: Auburn 35, Mississippi State 7 (5:48): Nick Fitzgerald finds Keith Mixon for a 37-yard touchdown. The measure ends Auburn’s shutout bid. Would have been a Tigers’ initial shutout given 2008 opposite ULM and their initial opposite an SEC competition given 2006, when they close out Mississippi State, 34-0, in Starkville.
– Auburn is forced to punt after Sean White is sacked on third down. Punt is muffed by MSU, though a Bulldogs redeem it during a bottom of a scrum.
– Carl Lawson picked adult his second pouch of a game, that helped lead to another MSU punt. Lawson has dual sacks, imprinting his second multi-sack diversion this season.
– Mississippi State is creation an bid to get receiver Fred Ross concerned this half. Targeted him on initial 3 plays of opening drive, including a third-down conversion
END OF SECOND QUARTER: Auburn 35, Mississippi State 0
– With that Adams touchdown, Auburn has a initial 30-point law diversion opposite a Power 5 group given final season’s win during Kentucky.
– Scoring Play: Auburn 35, Mississippi State 0 (1:45): Carl Lawson sacks Nick Fitzgerald and army a fumble. Montravius Adams scoops it adult and scores. Adams only done his box for a second annual Piesman Trophy.
– Scoring play: Auburn 28, Mississippi State 0 (1:54): Pettway finds a finish section for a third time today, this time from 2 yards out. Pettway now has 27 carries for 125 yards and 3 touchdowns — all in a initial half. Big-time bid from him with Kerryon Johnson sidelined.
– Kamryn Pettway breaks off a 29-yard run before removing pushed out during a 2-yard line. Booth reviewed to see if he scored, though he didn’t.
– After being pinned during a possess 10-yard line again, Mississippi State translates a initial third down of a game. Back-to-back pass breakups by Rudy Ford and Tre’ Williams assistance force another Bulldogs punt.
– Another three-and-out from Auburn’s defense. Tigers take over during their possess 46-yard line with 6:28 to go in a half.
– After dual true games with no descent penalties, Braden Smith is called for a hold. Auburn follows with a 42-yard pass to Kam Martin on a circle route.
– Marcus Davis muffed a punt low in Auburn territory, though Javaris Davis dives on a round and recovers it during a 9-yard line. Auburn will open a expostulate with 11:18 to go in a half.
– Mississippi State unequivocally advantageous to not get picked off in a possess territory. Carlton Davis pennyless adult a pass dictated for Jamal Couch (a local of Phenix City), and a round hung in a atmosphere though wasn’t intercepted. It helped Auburn force a three-and-out.
– Scoring play: Auburn 21, Mississippi State 0 (12:15): Pettway 3-yard run adult a middle. Pettway’s second touchdown is a new career high, and it caps a 12-play, 60-yard drive. Auburn has scored on all 3 drives given that interception to open a game.
– Sean White is 9-of-10 for 125 yards over a final 3 drives.
END OF FIRST QUARTER: Auburn 14, Mississippi State 0
– Chandler Cox is removing most some-more concerned offensively today, quite in a flitting game. He has dual receptions for 19 yards. Surely a byproduct of Kerryon Johnson’s damage currently and Malik Miller’s knee damage final week.
– Mississippi State nutritious a expostulate this time around. Bulldogs cranky midfield and into Auburn territory. Marlon Davidson ends that, however, as he comes off a corner unblocked and sacks Nick Fitzgerald to force a fumble, that Montravius Adams recovers during a Auburn 40-yard line.
– Scoring play: Auburn 14, Mississippi State 0 (3:44): Kamryn Pettway 1-yard rushing touchdown. Pettway’s measure caps a 12-play, 79-yard expostulate for Auburn.
– Since that interception, that wasn’t accurately his fault, Sean White has finished 7 true passes for 99 yards and a touchdown. Those passes have left to 5 opposite receivers.
– Kamryn Pettway is in during using behind still to open Auburn’s third drive. Kerryon Johnson still on a sideline after removing his right leg checked out by trainers.
– Auburn’s invulnerability army a three-and-out on a indirect Mississippi State expostulate after beginner defensive finish Marlon Davidson creates a play to stop a Bulldogs brief of a initial down on a shade pass.
– Auburn using behind Kerryon Johnson left a margin on Auburn’s scoring expostulate with what seemed to be a right leg injury.
– Scoring play: Auburn 7, Mississippi State 0 (9:28): Sean White rolls to his left on third-and-goal from a 3 and finds Ryan Davis in a finish section for a touchdown to top a nine-play, 80-yard expostulate that took 3:12 off a clock.
– White opens Auburn’s subsequent expostulate with a 12-yard pass to Ryan Davis. Auburn moves downfield and gets inside a 10-yard line on a 36-yard pass from White to Stevens, who creates adult for a bobbled pass on a initial drive.
– Mississippi State starts in a red section on a initial expostulate following a turnover though Auburn binds a Bulldogs to a 28-yard margin idea try by Westin Graves that goes off a upright. Auburn entered a diversion eighth nationally in red-zone touchdown defense, permitting touchdowns on only 37 percent of opponents’ red-zone trips, so that stop was large for a unit.
– Auburn starts a opening expostulate during a possess 20-yard line. Austin Golson gets a start during center. Darius James during left tackle. Sean White finished a pitch pass to Kerryon Johnson, who is forsaken for a 3-yard detriment on opening play. Sean White is picked off on a third-down pass that goes by a hands of Tony Stevens. Mississippi State earnings it to a 19-yard line.
– Mississippi State won a toss and defers. Auburn receives to open a game.
– During pregame warmups, Austin Golson is holding first-team reps during center, with Darius James again operative during left tackle. Xavier Dampeer, who sat out final week’s diversion with a leg injury, is dressed out and warming up. Dampeer is a game-time decision, according to Gus Malzahn on pregame radio.
– Running behind Kamryn Pettway will play, according to Malzahn.
– Auburn quarterback Sean White done his initial career start opposite Mississippi State final season. One year later, White has altered considerably.
– Auburn quarterback and “Last Chance U” star John Franklin III earnings to a state of Mississippi for a initial time the same approach he left it: as a backup quarterback.
– Auburn will be but a No. 3 using behind Malik Miller, who is out indefinitely with a left knee injury. Here’s what it means for Auburn’s using behind situation behind Kerryon Johnson and Kamryn Pettway.
– Mississippi State’s third-down offense is final in a SEC and among a misfortune in a nation. Auburn’s invulnerability has thrived in that category so distant this season, that could make for a prolonged day for a Bulldogs.
– Both Auburn and Mississippi State have enjoyed success on invulnerability this season despite both programs being on their third defensive coordinator in as many years.
– One of a worse tasks for Auburn’s invulnerability currently will be containing Mississippi State receiver Fred Ross.
– The area Auburn’s invulnerability would unequivocally like to see alleviation in currently is turnovers. The Tigers have forced only 5 of them so distant this season.
– Auburn’s offense hasn’t committed a chastisement a final dual games. The cowbells during Davis Wade Stadium could make progressing that strain difficult.